Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Beginnings of a Writer

The beginnings of a writer.

I’ve done a lot of research on writing, the craft, what makes for a great romance novel, what sells, what doesn’t, how to get published, and how to create a great query letter. One specific sentence struck me, and stuck with me, through all my research. It takes, on average, seven years for a writer to become published.

Seven years is a very long time, in my opinion. I’ve learned a lot in the last four years on my adventures in writing. If a writer has a game plan, then they hopefully won’t need to take that long to get published. Start back with the basics. Take a few classes. Savvy Authors has a great variety of classes offered on a regular basis and are priced quite reasonably. When they say that you can literally punctuate yourself to a contract, I believe that to be absolutely true. At the very least, the agent or publisher will really read what you submit as long as your submission content is grammar and spelling free.

No comments:

Post a Comment