Saturday, October 1, 2011

Elise VanCise - Author Interview






Check out this great author's answers about what she does for inspiration!
Author Interview of Elise VanCise

1.) When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I participated in NaNoWriMo in 2006. I set out just to see what would happen and finished In the Dark in 24 days. I sat back and thought…. Wow, this is what I’m supposed to be doing. I’m a writer! Since then I’ve lived by my pen.

2.) What type of genre do you write in?
I don’t really have a specific genre though most of my books/ stories have a paranormal element

3.) What inspires you to write in this genre?
I’ve always been fascinated by the unexplained. I still devour a good ghost story every chance I get.

4.) Where to you get your ideas for your writing?
My ideas come from everywhere. My Sister-in –heart Rose Wade and I will be talking next thing you know we’re plotting a story lol. I’ve been inspired by people, places, objects, I love looking though photos and finding an image that just starts telling me a story.

5.) Who are your favorite authors and why?
Poe, he knew how to get to his reader. Probe the darkest parts of the mind and put them on paper to give you a fright. Mark Twain, he was a true character both on and off the page.

6.) In your opinion, what key parts of a story make it great?
Strong characters are important, I fall in love with characters and get very involved when reading a story. I’ve been known to talk to my books. “Don’t … Leave that alone.. Noo go back to her stupid!” lol

7.) What activities do you undertake for inspiration?
When my Muse needs a charge I head out to a museum. Walking though displays of history and art can be very inspiring. I am also a photographer so I get a lot of inspiration though my lens.

8.) Do you belong to any writing communities, or critique groups?
I do, writing can become very solitary if you allow it. I belong to Lake Writers, a group that meets monthly in Lake County Florida. And I am the Lake County, Florida Municipal Liaison for NaNoWriMo.

9.) Do you have a day job?
Right now I’m living by my pen. It can be tight sometimes but I do love it.

10.) If you could do it over again, what aspects of the writing/submission process would you change before becoming published?
I’m not really sure I would change anything. Maybe finding ways to get more knowledge before I plunged ahead.

11.) What is the title of your upcoming/newly released novel, and where can we find it?
I have a work in progress, Red Tape. I’m hoping it will be released soon. My first three books In the Dark, Don’t Touch, and HALF are all available at most online retailers and though my shop at http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/flsandcastle

1 comment:

  1. Great interview! I have a tendency to talk to my books too.

    ReplyDelete