Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Kinect - Exercise



To be honest, I'm not a fan of weight lifting. To me, there's no fun in pumping iron. I can't argue that by doing so I'd probably see great results in toning my thin string-bean arms and the calves hanging from my legs that refuse to shape up no matter what I do. But I knew I needed to find something that I enjoyed in terms of exercising, because that way I'd be more likely to stick with it. So, I got a kinect. My dear sister owns a Wii and we've had great fun at family gatherings dancing to tunes from the current Country singing great, along with doing the Monster Mash. I bought the Kinect because I already had an xbox 360 - yes, I am an avid gamer - and bought the Black Eyed Peas dance game. I can't get enough, I've danced and danced. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to break a sweat trying to get the coveted 'S' grade, proving that you have moves. My newest game, Dance Central 2, is a bit more difficult, or it could be that I haven't spent enough time on the Easy level. Yep, I jumped right in thinking that all my time spent on Alien difficulty for the BEPs would make for an easy transition to the medium difficulty on my new game. Not so much. But I'll keep at it, because it's fun and something I can enjoy as I burn those calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment