Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christy Sloat - New Release!!!!







Welcome to my blog, Christy, and thanks for taking the time in sharing a bit about you, your inspirations, and your writing.



Now, let's get down to business shall we?




1.) When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
Well I have always dreamt of being a writer, but I got serious about it two years ago.
2.) What type of genre do you write in?
Paranormal, Romance, YA, and Horror.
3.) What inspires you to write in this genre?
I have a love affair with the paranormal and the weird. So I get so many ideas that I say to myself, “That would be a great book.” I love vampires, werewolves, ghost’s and anything in that genre.
4.) Where to you get your ideas for your writing?
I have no clue. Lol. Really they just come to me. This will be strange but I get a lot of ideas in the shower.
5.) Who are your favorite authors and why?
I have so many favorite authors; Michelle Warren, Cidney Swanson, Stephanie Meyer, Amanda Hocking, J.K Rowling and so many more. They write books about the topics I love. They are original and I like that.
6.) In your opinion, what key parts of a story make it great?
The general idea first of all has to be engaging. Then the characters. I have to be able to relate to them.
7.) What activities do you undertake for inspiration?
Music! I love Pandora Radio. And looking at art on Deviantart. Those people are so talented, I could get inspired just by looking at their ideas.
8.) Do you belong to any writing communities, or critique groups?
I belong to many communities on Facebook. There are so many great book communities on there that help authors get their name out.
9.) Do you have a day job?
Yes, stay-at-home Momma. It is the hardest job I have ever had. I used to work full-time in the dental field, but being at home with my kids is way more challenging.
10.) If you could do it over again, what aspects of the writing/submission process would you change before becoming published?
Wow tough question. Hmm it sort of just happened so fast, that I didn't really think it all through too much. I just sent it. But maybe I would have taken more time to look through my submission to ensure that it was perfect. Or to have hired an editor for the first three chapters.
11.) What is the title of your upcoming/newly released novel, and where can we find it?
The Many Lives of Avery Snow, Book one in the Past Lives Trilogy. Right now it is available on Smashwords. But will soon be out on Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.com. It will also be out in print very soon and available in stores.
I am also working on a new book due out in July 2012,The Brown House.










Thanks again, Christy, we look forward to reading The Many Lives of Avery Snow, sounds intriguing, and right up my alley.

2 comments:

  1. Bought my copy for my Kindle Fire today. Looking forward to reading it. I'm very proud of you. Looking forward to your book signing and your second book The Brown House.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting mine on my Nook, can't wait to read it. Marian

    ReplyDelete